Hello everyone it’s Visible Image day again! Today’s piece was briefly shared on the day of the 2018 new stamp launch in early January .Its also been lucky enough to travel to Creativation ! Time now to share it in a little more detail.
Here are the stamp sets I used. Firstly the new set:
And some old favourites:
To create the piece the baby image was heat embossed in black on to watercolour card and then masked using masking fluid. The background was sprayed using a mixture of ink sprays including mica sprays. I wanted the area around the image to be bright and to gradually darken into a mix of colours. I used a bright yellow acrylic ink for the centre. I liked the textures created by the sprays.
The finger print was stamped in black and then again using stamping glue. Gilding flakes were added on top. It wasn’t entirely successful but from certain angles the gold flecks shine through.
To create the roots I selected two elements from the other sets. These, along with the leaves and ‘love’ sentiment were heat embossed in black. I also sprinkled some granules of black embossing power either side of the image to create more texture.
The masking fluid was removed and the flower in the centre coloured pink. I blended distress oxide ink in blue and black around the edges. Some extra aqua tint ink in gold and black was flicked for good measure!
The artwork was mounted onto complimentary card. The sentiment stamped, inked and mounted underneath as the final touch.
A little different I think you will agree!
I recommend these stamps. Lovely quality and very versatile.
Until next time.